Monday, November 2, 2015

Be Grateful November 2, 2015







Celtic women sing - "You Raise Me Up"



Today has been difficult maybe it has something to do with the time change or the season changing and missing loved ones.

We are human and we have emotions. We hurt and feel deep feelings.

I’ve been asking the Lord, what is it Lord? Why am I feeling this way? Is it that the world is crying out in sorrow and great pain?

Is it the full moon?

Or growing older?

Or is it just plan self-pity?

What is the deal?

Maybe you’re as happy as a lark…

Maybe you don’t have a care in the world…

Maybe you’ve arrived and have all the answers…

Maybe not…I know I sure don’t.

Upbeat and happy…Oh yeah I’m supposed to write about that…

Well today it just ain’t gona happen…

Forgive me Jesus I’m sorry…but I just don’t have it today to give…

I know you are still Lord, and savior and that you hold everything in your hands…

You are in control…but I’m just simply down today…

Even so, I will write an encouraging word for my family and friends and stranger’s I’ve never met before…

Be grateful…no matter what! When you are feeling desperate for what you just don’t know


Sing…and make a melody in your heart and before you know it all the gloom will fade away…

I promise you…


just smile it will change everything!

Do it, prove it to yourself right now…

Just do it!


Lift me up Lord…

Marla Shaw O'Neill November 2, 2015©




4 comments:

  1. Makes me think of the first line of the song, "His Eye is on the Sparrow," which is also from the Psalms. Lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! I love that song too! Beckie Lindsey

      Delete
  2. Stay Encouraged Marla, as you have written the heart of many on a lot days. Heart felt reads are my favorite! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay Encouraged Marla, as you have written the heart of many on a lot days. Heart felt reads are my favorite! God bless.

    ReplyDelete