Saturday, September 19, 2015

Do You Love Me? - Devotional September 20, 2015


15 After breakfast Jesus asked Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?[a]John 21:15 New Living Translation (NLT)
(This passage was actually the third time Jesus had visited his disciples after he rose from the dead. He asked Peter do you love me more than your brothers...more than your time, more than, who is most important?)
Listen, I know you’re busy…right? Well, this will just take a moment. Oh, you don’t have a moment. Well then let it be a little sacrifice, one moment of your time to spend hearing what the savior wants to ask you!
I know you’re stressed, worn out, getting kids ready for school, getting yourself ready, traffic to worry about, and a full day at the office multi-tasking doing this, day in and day out. Taken for granted…I know all that, but take a deep breath and for just a moment listen.
Jesus wants to ask you something. He’s down on the beach cooking, fish, it’s almost ready. Come on what’s one little moment especially when you get to spend it with the master?
Jesus is asking, (Insert your name here), “Do you love me?” Your response…don’t roll your eyes…answer him.
“Yes Lord, you know I love you.”
Really? How many times in a day do we deny him? I don’t have time to pray. I don’t have time to read my bible. I’m too tired to go to church on Sunday. That’s the only day I have for myself. Peter denied Jesus three times. But Peter repented and so when Jesus asked him if he loved him…he asked him three times. Seeing Peter’s true repentance and commitment Jesus entrusted Peter with his flock. Jesus wants to trust you too. But there’s going to have to be some repenting on our part. Do you love him, truly love him? If you really love him then show him. Love him the way he loves you. Take some time and spend it with him. You’ll be amazed how much better your day will go if you take a few minutes and thank him for all he has done for you. Ask him to give you a hunger and thirst for him once again. Let the Holy Spirit renew a right spirit within you. Then look out. The joy and peace you’ll receive is more than you could ever imagine.
Lord Jesus, help me to love you with my time and in prayer each day. Let my heart serve you with gratitude and praise. Jesus let me put you first in all I do. Renew a right spirit within me and fill my cup to overflowing not just with coffee, but true love for you and others. Amen!”
By: Marla Shaw O'Neill 9.19.2015©


No comments:

Post a Comment