Wednesday, September 16, 2015

With God in His Emergency Room - Devotional September 16, 2015




Galatians 5:22-23New Living Translation (NLT)
22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
The Holy Spirit…produces; This Kind of Fruit in our lives…Notice it starts with ‘Love’ then the rest follows. I used to think, Lord, how in the world, can I ever accomplish having your joy and peace let alone, heavens to Betsy, patience? Well, that’s just impossible. I am kind, and I try to be good and faithful, I had gentleness down pretty good but self-control? Sure until someone does something that sends me into a tailspin…then He pointed something out to me…it was, as if, I heard Him say, “Marla, start with my love.” My love is unconditional, doesn’t judge or condemn not even self…my love forgives. My love accepts you for who you are…all of you. As you let my love grow in you, you will in turn have joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and yes, even, self-control not only for yourself but for others as well. Spend time with me get to know me and you’ll see I am not the tyrant people make me out to be. I am your loving heavenly father and I want to spend time with you.”
Gracious heavenly father, I ask that the Holy Spirit produce your love in us today. Love that is joyful and peaceful, love that is gentle, kind, and good, love that is patient and faithful, love that practices self-control so that we walk in an attitude of your grace and mercy. Let us be the children of our loving, caring, heavenly father. Amen.
By: Marla Shaw O’Neill September 16, 2015©



3 comments:

  1. Great start Marla. I'm excited to follow your posts. Blessings to you and always Stay Encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shira...God bless you. Your sweet spirit is a blessing! <3

      Delete
  2. Great start Marla. I'm excited to follow your posts. Blessings to you and always Stay Encouraged!

    ReplyDelete