Friday, January 29, 2016

DO YOU PRAY TOO MUCH






1 Thessalonians 5:17King James Version (KJV)
17 Pray without ceasing.

Someone said something to me recently that just made me shake my head in amazement. “Is it really necessary for you to pray that much?”


Are you kidding me? Really?

I’m not offended, but I am shocked, because this person is a Christian.

Mother Teresa said this about prayer…To love as God loves, meeting daily with Him through prayer is essential. Without it love dies. Mother Teresa stressed its importance by saying, “What blood is to the body, prayer is to the soul.”~

Without blood we die. Without breath we die…without prayer we die…

Prayer is communion with the living God…

I love God so much I want to know him more…I talk to him constantly…and you know what…he talks to me too…

Now some may say I’m a fanatic…well praise the Lord because that just means I have a passion for him more than others may have…I like something more than you do. Yes I’m a fan of God!

God loved me so much, he sent his little boy to die for me…I wouldn’t do that for anyone…

He pulled me out of a deep, dark, dirty, pit…he put joy in my heart, gives me a peace that I can’t begin to explain…and an abundant life I never dreamed I’d have. He gave me a huge family of brothers and sisters from all over the world and filled me with grace, His HOLY Spirit and gave me life forever…

He protects me, and surrounds me with Love and goodness…instead of death he shows mercy…and forgiveness…Yes I do talk to him constantly…I always will!

"Lord, teach us to pray." –Luke 11:1

"After Jesus said this, He looked toward heaven and prayed." –John 17:1

"They all joined together constantly in prayer." –Acts 1:14

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests." –Ephesians 6:18

"Pray continually." -1 Thessalonians 5:17

1 comment:

  1. Impossible to pray too much! My goal when I teach on prayer is to help my participants learn to make prayer a way of life and not just a task. Blessings to you, dear Marla.

    ReplyDelete