Thursday, January 7, 2016

Pride

 


Who are you promoting? How are you living? Has Pride taken control?

I have found that when I become self-centered and self-consciences I want everything to revolve around me, and I am not letting Him surround me. In the middle of the word ‘HIM’ is the letter I. It’s all about Him (God) not me, myself or I…when I want all the attention, what I’ve done and what I’m doing and see me, me, me…I fall into Satan’s trap and I become distant from my loving heavenly father.

My behavior becomes full of pride and it’s all about ME, I’m in sin!

I become short tempered and envious and sensitive and insecure.

But praise God, for the precious Holy Spirit, He deals with me gently, but with a firm hand.

Before I know it I hear myself and I don’t like what I see or hear. And I find myself on the altar, crying out, Jesus save me. My attitude has to be right though, I have to be contrite and humbled or God will not listen.

When that happens I am most miserable. I go on for a few more days making others around me miserable too.

And if I stay in that condition for very long, I am separated from the love of God and a dark cloud follows me, I am in sin and need correction. God chastens those he loves…the only way to get out of it, is to humble myself before Him. Recognize ‘Pride.’

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. Psalm 51:17 King James Version (KJV)

18 Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall.
Proverbs 16:18 King James Version (KJV)

God is holy and just. He is the creator, He is the savior, and without him we can do nothing. Pride is what caused Lucifer to fall from his position along with a third of the angels. Pride will destroy lives, crush nations, and kill everything beautiful and sacred in our lives.

Satan used pride to tempt Jesus when he was in the wilderness and he is still using it today to deceive and destroy lives and he will keep on using it. We must be aware every minute and pray for a heart of humility and grace to live this life. We are the children of the King…we are to be in Him and he in us. He is to be lifted up; not you and not me.

Let ‘I,’ be surrounded by Him and live in a constant state of humility.

And remember when Satan comes and lies to you and fills your heart with pride…Like Jesus, say, IT IS WRITTEN…YOU SHALL NOT TEMPT THE LORD YOUR GOD…

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12New King James Version (NKJV)

So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7 New Living Translation (NLT)

Take control of what I say, O Lord, and guard my lips. Psalm 141:3 New Living Translation (NLT)

In the same way, the tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches.
But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire. James 3:5 NLT

Speak life…and walk in humility.

Finally…

If you’ve gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care— then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don’t push your way to the front; don’t sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don’t be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand. Philippians 2:2-4The Message (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment