Friday, January 22, 2016

I'm Hungry

 

Tic, tic, tic, I hear the clock in my room of quiet. A gentle tapping at the window, sounds of rain, peaceful.

Last night I dreamed that my four sons and I were all together, they were grown men. Each one came into the kitchen looking for something to eat. Mark called his wife but couldn't get her on her cell. 

Jason had not one, but two full grown Tigers. One was a saber-tooth, the other was just BIG, lol, they were also hungry and looking for food. I told them to go back in the living room and lay down. They gave me a sideways look, snarled and obeyed. I had no fear of them so I knew they were not evil. 

When I woke up I thought about the tigers...I realized in my dream they represented protection and power. Our spiritual hunger can not be satisfied with natural food, only God can satisfy that need through His word.

As Christian's we walk around hungry, looking for something but not sure what it is we want. We do all the worldly things everyone else does, see the latest movies, get the latest hair style and clothes, eat and drink things not beneficial to us. Spiritually speaking. We have the power of God within us but we don't utilize that authority so we grow weak, lethargic and powerless. Like the light switch on the wall, behind that wall is wires of electricity it is powerful and is present but unless we turn the switch on, it lays dormant and useless. God will not force us. We have to do the doing...

This morning, I also thought about when Jesus was baptized, here is the son of God, a voice comes out of heaven and says, "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased." Matthew 3:17. It sounded like thunder to many. But what did the scriptures use to represent the Holy Spirit?

Our wonderful, loving heavenly father used a beautiful, peaceful, gentle animal, a dove. It was meek and pure; a sweet, humble bird sent to show us the love God has for his son. Selah!
Matthew 3:17The Message (MSG)

16-17 The moment Jesus came up out of the baptismal waters, the skies opened up and he saw God’s Spirit—it looked like a dove—descending and landing on him. And along with the Spirit, a voice: “This is my Son, chosen and marked by my love, delight of my life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment