Monday, October 5, 2015

As for Me and My House... Devotional October 5, 2015



Joshua 24:15…”But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.”

I found the following; among some writings of my mother’s… I call these tid-bits, “Mama’s Pearls.” She left this earth on July, 2015. Mom ministered the gospel of Jesus Christ for over fifty years. She was a prayer warrior in every sense of the word and she read her bible every single day…reading it through many, many, times…I hope this blesses you.

The Family

The family is like a book…
The children are the leaves,
The parents are the covers…
That protecting beauty gives...
At first the pages of the book
Are blank and purely fair,
But soon time writeth memories
And painteth pictures there...
Love is the little golden clasp,
That bindeth up the trust…
O, break it not…
Lest all the leaves should scatter and be lost…
A little love will heal a hurt,
A lot of love will give
Precious moments to a soul
And make it want to live.
(Author unknown)

(Often a fellow’s burden is just more than he can bear, but his burden will be lighter, if you prove to him you care.)

Hear our prayer today,

“Father, God, in the name of your son Jesus, our Messiah, I ask that you protect our families…give us your grace to walk in your way…I thank you for giving us the Holy Spirit to teach us and guide us through this life…and who, will take us all the way home. But until that time, I ask that our lights will shine before men that they will glorify you, father God and long to know you. Amen”

By: Marla Shaw O’Neill October 5, 2015©

No comments:

Post a Comment