Thursday, October 29, 2015

Jesus Hold Me







Jesus Hold Me

Jesus…
When all I can do is cry…
Hold me…

When no sees the tears but you...
The pain within will not subside...
Hold me…

Memories do not console me...
Your face I long to see
Please, Jesus, hold me…

Will it ever cease this loss within?
Can I dare hope, to live again…

To see her loving, smiling face...
Oh God I need, your amazing grace...

I need you Lord, for it is more
Than my crushed spirit can forbear...

Time slips away…
Life goes on...
Let me sing the victory song…

For she is just a heartbeat away…
I know, reunited, we’ll be someday…

Others hurt, hearts broken too…
Jesus…
Hold me…until I see you!

Did she feel the same way I do…

OH God, then there are others
Who…

Bear a cross of immobilizing loss...
Restore our souls to what we believe...
Fill our cups and send relief...

Let faith arise…
With songs of praise...
Beauty for ashes...
Your banner of love raise…

Highway to heaven beyond the skies...
Life everlasting…we never die!

Victory, yes victory, is mine!

Jesus, sweet Jesus, hold me!

By: Marla Shaw O’Neill October 29, 2015©
 
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: John 11:25 (KJV)

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Marla, This is such a touching poem. I have lost so many dear to me in the past three years. I just lost a dear writer friend a few days ago. Your words were a healing balm. Blessings on your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet lady. I pray God's comfort and healing to your heart.

      Delete