Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Why Grumpy is Grumpy - Devotional October 28, 2015




GRUMPY!

Have you taken on more than you can handle?

Feeling all alone and struggling, discontent and worry floods your heart and mind?

It’s time to regroup…

Stop…and focus on what you think is most important.

Is it your job?

Is it your financial future?

Are you homeless?

Reckless?

Out of control?

Are you single looking for that special someone?

Married but the romance and love have completely left the scene and you wonder what happened to the happily ever after?

You need a retreat; or maybe a vacation; but you can’t afford to stop long enough for that…and retirement well that is totally out of the question. You’ll never be able to retire. Like the saying that goes … “I owe, I owe, and so off to work I go.” No wonder Grumpy was grumpy.

Stop the roll-a-coaster…and get off at the next exit!

Life is too short to live like that!

How do I stop? It’s not easy in your own strength, but it can be done!

Get your priorities in order. God, Family, Work, Play.

Matt 11:28: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

1. Heb 13:5: Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

2. 2 Cor 12:9: But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Acts 1:8: But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

1. Eph 3:20: Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,

2. Matt 11:30: For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

3. Heb 12:1: Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

4. Jas 5:16: Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

Ps 37:4: Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Lord Jesus, I’m tired of the treadmill. Help me to set right my priorities today. I want you to be first in my life Jesus. When I put you first I know everything else will come into place just as it should. Your word is wisdom. Give me your wisdom Lord. Let me start today to put my life in proper order. Then I know I will have peace, even in the midst of the storm. Amen.

Then instead of being Grumpy...I'll be Happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment