Wednesday, October 21, 2015

God Didn't Get Tired - Devotional October 21, 2015


In the Air Corps our motto was, The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer. Mike Mombrea Sr.,(94) my wonderful young friend….

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning – the sixth day. (Genesis 1 New International Version)

Now I’m sure that God could have made everything in just one day, but he didn’t, he made everything in six days and then he rested on the seventh. Was God tired? No, I don’t think so. I do think he was giving an example for us to follow.

God is God!

He has a plan and we are part of that plan.

We are to walk by faith and not by sight…

You know what; it takes faith to sit in a chair, but do we consciously ask ourselves, “Let me try this chair out just to be sure it will hold me up before I sit down?” No. we just sit down and low and behold it holds us up. So why is it that we question what God’s doing or going to do or why God is doing it this way, or that way, on every turn?

God says it’s faith that pleases him. It’s a knowing without even thinking about it…like sitting on a chair.

I’m speaking to the children of God right now, the ones who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior and who have the precious Holy Spirit living within their hearts.

The ones who have read the stories of the bible and have been taught from an early age, to a good old age…yet we still question why?

Stop that! Start putting into practice all the things you’ve learned and live in faith unto the living God! The bible says, to those who know to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin. (James 4:17)…stop sinning…and start living by faith in God!

Practice, apply what you have learned throughout the ages…you don’t need milk anymore…you have teeth…and can eat meat…Oh how he longs to share his secrets with you….Take a moment, sit down in the chair and let him share his love with you. He’s waiting for you right now.

Jesus, as I sit in this chair knowing without a doubt it will hold me up, I thank you for being with me today. I thank you for sitting with me and for having a wonderful conversation with me; just the two of us. What can I do for you today, Lord? Who can I encourage and be a blessing too? What’s that Lord? You want me to sit quietly and listen to you for a little while? OK, Lord, I can do that. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment