Tuesday, October 20, 2015

WHERE IS YOUR TREASURE - DEVOTIONAL OCTOBER 20, 2015



Matthew 6:21New Living Translation (NLT)
21 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.

Does God have your whole heart?

All of it?

Is Jesus first in your life?

As I’ve traveled on my journey so far in this life…I’ve faced many things as all of us have!

I’ve been lost many times.

Confused.

Depressed.

Sick.

Alone.

Lonely.

Afraid.

Abused and Abandoned.

Even at one point Indigent…I had nothing…as far as material things go…and my soul was dry and wandering...

During those times…God had me, but I didn’t have God! I ran and ran and ran…I’d cry and pray, “God help me…” He was helping me, but I couldn’t hear him because I would not stop and listen. I wanted to do it my way…I tried to surrender to him…I had been born again at a young age…I had been filled with the Holy Spirit and received my heavenly language at age twelve…but I had not given Jesus my whole heart…I’d seen miracles and was used in the gifts of the spirit…but I could not commit, one hundred percent to walk in a sanctified, consistent way with the Lord…

And so the enemy of my soul drove me…until somehow…someway a miracle happened and I was delivered from the self-seeking, self-righteous life of Hell I found myself in!

Everything is temporary in life…but there is one thing that will last…our souls live on forever…where we live is determined by the decision we make when Jesus calls us to him!

Sold out, completely and utterly in Love with Jesus…

The blessed life doesn’t mean life without pain, or difficulties…

It does mean that we have a promise and a helper to hold our hearts and hands and lead us through the minefields safely and in perfect peace…Let the SON-SHINE IN! So that the SON-SHINES OUT!

I will tell you this when I began to ASK Jesus to give me a hunger and thirst for more of him…He was more than willing to flood me with Him, and answer that request! There is NOTHING in this life that satisfies like HIM!

Jesus, Oh precious Jesus, I love you Lord and I thank you for touching each heart that reads this that you will pour out your Holy Spirit on them and saturate them with such a longing for you that they will not rest until they pursue you with their WHOLE HEART! Amen!

2 comments:

  1. This has really blessed my soul. Thanks so very much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has really blessed my soul. Thanks so very much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete