Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Weep With Those Who Weep - Devotional October 7, 2015



15 Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep. Romans 12:15New Living Translation (NLT)

Have you ever watched a little child; they get excited over balloons and birthday cake…I was in the store today waiting in line behind this little girl. She must have been about four years old. She kept pointing at the balloons and shouting…”I like that one…I like that one…mommy, I want that one for my birthday. We’ll have cake and balloons.” I joyed in her excitement and exuberance. Oh to be young again. No I don’t think so.

But I do love to watch little children, they live in a totally different world than adults. Not a care in the world. Happy and carefree, their tiny hearts not tarnished by prejudice or stereotypes, accepting of everything, they just want to play.

Right before going into that store I sat in my car and wept. I couldn’t shake it…I thought of my mom and her lovely face kept popping up in my mind and I missed her beyond words. I literally broke down and bellowed. It just hits, sometimes and there is absolutely noting to be done but let it play itself out. Shoot, it hasn’t even been three months since she died. I guess it’s ok to still cry. There’s no time limit really. But sometimes I feel guilty about hurting over the loss. I shouldn’t, I know. I mean there’s no manual that says you can only have this much time…get over it. I know she's in a wonderful place...probably saying to Jesus, "Just look at that amazing sunrise"... or she's talking to her favorite bible character, and still getting to know all the angels names. Still I miss her being here with us!

With the changing of the seasons and the holidays coming, it seems it will get worse before better…So I’m just going to go with it…if it hits me and you happen to see me crying…just whisper a little prayer for me. After all none of us are exempt from this happening…we are only human! I miss her a lot!

And one day…I will see her again! I love you mom! I know; you love me more!

Lord, touch everyone who has lost a loved one, give comfort and grace for the pain. Give them the time they need to grieve let the healing be as a warm balm that soothes the ache in the heart. In time let the memories of our loved ones flood us with happiness and let the tears become diamonds in a crown of love. Amen!

By Marla Shaw O'Neill October 7, 2015©

No comments:

Post a Comment