Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Let Me Carry You - Devotional October 14, 2015



13 No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he’ll never let you be pushed past your limit; he’ll always be there to help you come through it. 1 Corinthians 10:13The Message

Many times in life we are faced with difficult situations and circumstances. The trial seems more than we can bear. Some take pills, or indulge in other substitutes anything to dull the mind and heart that will make the pain stop! But it does not stop; and soon all that is left is the shell of a person, the light has gone out of them because the burdens were too tremendous to bear.

Life is messy, it’s cruel and stressful, but there is an anecdote. Jesus said,

28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” Matthew 11:29-30The Message

There is no easy way, but there is the WAY….Follow Jesus he has the life you seek and He does not lie!
Pray with me,
Jesus, burden bearer, abundant life maker, we thank you for giving us life; help us to walk in grace today. Help us to look to you, and let us surrender all our sorrow, trials, and heaviness to you right now. We can’t carry it, it’s just too much but you never said for us to carry it anyway! Amen!

By: Marla Shaw O’Neill October 14, 2015©

2 comments:

  1. Marla, this really speaks to me today! Thank you for your encouraging words and prayers. Other Christian poets and writers will welcome this, too, so I'll highlight your post on the Christian Poets & Writers blog - http://www.christianpoetsandwriters.com

    ReplyDelete