Friday, October 30, 2015

Be A Best Friend - Devotional October 30, 2015

 

Are You a Best Friend

Growing up I was a very active child, I loved the outdoors…Mom said I walked at eight months old and I was swimming under water at two. I loved it.

Always running and jumping and skipping…doing, skin-the-cats and loved the monkey bars…

Climbing trees and doing, cart wheels…splinters in fingers or ant-bites, sandspurs in bare feet, falling down and skinning my knees, but that didn’t bother me…

I was outside and I was free…to roam and explore, just being me.

I just wanted to be outside, I even taught myself how to ride a bike…I couldn’t wait for the night to be over, so I could go outside and play…that’s where I was adventurous and happy.

I was a best friend, to me…

Over the years I had some wonderful friends, you know who you are, I don’t want to name you; because I don’t want to leave anyone out…

It is easy to have friends…

But are YOU a friend? Jesus said in John 15:13, Greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Be a friend to someone…let them know you are nearby if they need to talk. Go to lunch, just reach out to someone. You never know who is hurting or lonely and needs a little encouragement. You know how you, feel…others feel the same way. Be open to the Holy Spirit’s nudging…you may find that, that, is exactly what you need to do.

Proverbs 18:24 says, A man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Jesus is our best friend…he set the example…be a best friend to someone…we all need friends.

And if you don’t know Jesus, well he’s easy to get to know; just talk to him…Be His Best Friend!

You’ll find that it is the best adventure you will ever live. Being His best friend is like ice creams sundaes, chocolate cake with your favorite toppings. It’s like walks on the beach and climbing mountains, exploring space and naming stars…it’s like hearing your baby’s first word or seeing them take their first step.

The friendship of Jesus is like, having long talks about everything and never being bored…he’s like visiting Paris or London or Uganda and giving smiles and hugs and clothes to those who are less fortunate than yourself. He’s like singing in the rain and hearing music that’s out of this world. Watching, I Love Lucy and Saturday morning cartoons. 

Being Jesus’s best friend is like jumping off into deep waters from a hundred foot cliff…the thrill is amazing. Knowing there is no danger.

It’s like driving your dream car as fast as you want without a care of crashing, knowing he’s got cha…Oh he’s so much more…you can imagine the rest…You can trust him totally, completely…with your life and the life of your loved ones…

If you need a best friend…be a best friend! God bless you today!

Lord, I want to be a best friend…faithful and steadfast…just as you are Jesus. Help us to love unconditionally, and without restraint. Give us best friends and never ever let us take them for granted. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment